Saturday, April 30, 2016

New Record: Cilver

New Record: Cilver Not the End of the World.
Release date 29 April 2016

















Cilver dropped their debut record yesterday the way that mother nature drops thunder from way up above. The vocals are passionate, determined, and very strong. Riffs are choice and spunky, big booming bass and thunderous beats -- everything you could ask for in a hard rock band. Every song is a keeper, every song has its own memorable personality. The only thing better than the song playing now is the song coming next.

This is definitely one of the best new bands I've found lately, and one of the hottest on my to-see list. I'm currently looking forward to catching them at a festival in upstate New York with fellow spunk rock legend Halestorm.

I mistakenly counted this record as new in March, I think I was confused about the release date. No worries though, there is enough ass-kicking here for more than 2 months. This is easily the best record of April, likely the best so far this year, and I'd say it is now the record to beat for #1 in 2016.

bonus: score +1 for New York City in the running for Spunk Capital of the world.

see also best of April:
http://joelspunkrock.blogspot.com/2016/04/april-showers.html



No comments:

Post a Comment