Saturday, December 3, 2016

Featured Artist: Roipnol Witch



Roipnol Witch: Starlight






This, my friends, is an exciting find.

Roipnol Witch is an Italian rock band with a sound somewhere near the intersection of Magneta Lane and Uh Huh Her.

Their second full-length (3rd recording, if I've found it all) appeared like a bright planet in the sky, back on March 25 of this year. Apparently, I wasn't looking at the Italian night sky, and I missed this one on the first pass. Now that I have found it, I am grateful.

Roipnol Witch has the ability to make a sound that is beautiful, lovely, even "pretty", without ceasing to kick ass. Vocals are eloquently sung with a hint of the smoky feel of Courtney Love, set against sparkling, clever guitar sounds.

Instrumentals have a complexity and artfulness that brings to mind the most profound explorations of Sonic Youth and Blondie. Melodies are memorable and charming. Lyrics mostly in Italian.

Check this one out, for sure.

videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px55EqVQeV4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP-NCQYBxRA








No comments:

Post a Comment